Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 2) Started 2/25/17

Started by S&S RR, February 25, 2017, 10:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Finally, for today I cut all the strip wood for the wood flooring. I will be distressing it and weathering it with the Alcohol and Chalk tomorrow.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

EricQuebec

Very nice progress....and your work bench is ever so clean, so organized :) that  I'm  jealous :D :p
Eric

S&S RR

Quote from: EricQuebec on February 01, 2018, 06:36:48 PM
Very nice progress....and your work bench is ever so clean, so organized :) that  I'm  jealous :D :p
Eric

Eric

I'm making a big effort to have a place for everything and keep everything in it's place.  I've got a very bad case of the can't  find S**t going on that is killing my productivity. I actually work on 4 different work benches throughout the day depending on what I'm doing and I'm setting them up with the tools I use every day all within arms reach. It took a few bucks but so far I think it's worth the investment.  It's helping a lot with productivity. I may have to go with the rope around my neck for my glasses, though,  because I'm always taking them off and laying them down.
John Siekirk

Jerry

John great job on the windows in the stone walls.

Are you putting lights in the inspection pits?

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

engine909

John, I so admire your modeling. Thank you for being so kind to share.
ed

S&S RR

Quote from: Jerry on February 01, 2018, 09:24:36 PM
John great job on the windows in the stone walls.

Are you putting lights in the inspection pits?

Jerry

Jerry

Thanks for the kind words. Yes - the inspection pits will have lights.  My plan is to show of the interior detail with LED lighting.  Slim (his handle on the forum)  is working on some special LED shop lights. Here is the link to slim's website if you don't already have it.

https://microlumina.com

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: engine909 on February 01, 2018, 09:30:47 PM
John, I so admire your modeling. Thank you for being so kind to share.
ed

Ed

Thanks for following along and the kind words.
John Siekirk

deemery

I have 2 flavors of "can't find s**t".  The first is when the workspace gets too crowded. 

The second is when I put stuff away, and then forget where I put something!!!  (That's true right now for my 'truck tuner' wheelset axle tool.)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

S&S RR

Quote from: deemery on February 02, 2018, 12:06:45 PM
I have 2 flavors of "can't find s**t".  The first is when the workspace gets too crowded. 

The second is when I put stuff away, and then forget where I put something!!!  (That's true right now for my 'truck tuner' wheelset axle tool.)

dave

Dave

You have the symptoms. I'm trying to fight it - the workbench organization is working pretty well.  The labels I put on the cabinets only works when I take the time to read and update them. ;)
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Today, I finished the strip wood that will be used for the floor on the machine shop side of the Locomotive Works. Also, drew up a template for the wall between the two bays and got started on building it.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Today, I made some progress on the Locomotive Works. The framing was finished for the wall between the two bays of the work shop. Tomorrow, I will be adding the sheeting to the inspection pit side of the wall.  The bare studs will be visible on the machine shop side of the wall.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

This is a factory size stud wall 2x8 studs with 4 by 8 plates.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Also, started gluing down the floor boards on the machine shop side of the Locomotive Works.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Here is a sneak peak at the floor between the weights that are being used to hold it in place until the glue dries.

John Siekirk

cuse

John,
This is another great build with excellent documentation. Thanks, I'm enjoying it!

John