The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAP

Judge:  Great report on the A&S's work load on Saturday.  Thanks for the update!
Tom:  thanks for all of the pictures & how-to's on the sanding tower.  As usual beautiful work!
Mark

Bruce Oberleitner

Quote from: Judge on December 29, 2018, 02:54:41 PM
Saturday Report:
The Superintendent noted last week that a number of the A&S passenger trains lacked revenue paying passengers.  This was not surprising considering the cars had no lights, heat, or air conditioning.  Five of these cars were sent to the Sanford Car Shops for upgrading and they were returned on time and under budget this morning.  Will Fixer, who is the head of maintenance at A&S, connected the lights in the cars and passengers began loading almost immediately.  The Southland (L&N) and the City of Miami (IC) are the focus of the current upgrading.  Others will follow.

Activity on the A&S was limited to some extent today, but not because of the balmy, clear day here in Orlando.  Current temp is 80 degrees.

An SAL GP7 shifted around the yard in Tahope and managed to shuffle an 11 car local freight together.  It was powered by an SAL Q3 Milke that has been recently refurbished with a new WOW decoder.  A power change was indicted in route so an out-of-time-frame black ACL E Unit with an out-of-time-frame orange ACL caboose took over the chores briefly.  Trouble developed negotiating turn-outs and  the E Unit was sidelined until the difficulty can be diagnosed and repaired.  Fortunately, a brace of NC&StL F Units were fueling in the lubratorium and they brought the freight into the yard at Sanlando in short order.  The NC&StL diesels are "on loan" to the A&S due to heavy winter citrus traffic.  Old Man Perkins has been busy harvesting oranges from his extensive grove in anticipation of a cold snap that usually comes in January.

This ticket agent is taking a Saturday off next week.  Will return the week following.

The Judge

The declining passengers situation is going to get even worse now that the "Gators" football schedule is coming to a close for this year.  No more passengers to take to the football games. 

:( :( :(

Jerry

Wow!  Tom you come through again with a beautiful way to fix something.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

BandOGuy

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on December 30, 2018, 11:31:40 AM
Quote from: Judge on December 29, 2018, 02:54:41 PM
Saturday Report:
The Superintendent noted last week that a number of the A&S passenger trains lacked revenue paying passengers.  This was not surprising considering the cars had no lights, heat, or air conditioning.  Five of these cars were sent to the Sanford Car Shops for upgrading and they were returned on time and under budget this morning.  Will Fixer, who is the head of maintenance at A&S, connected the lights in the cars and passengers began loading almost immediately.  The Southland (L&N) and the City of Miami (IC) are the focus of the current upgrading.  Others will follow.

Activity on the A&S was limited to some extent today, but not because of the balmy, clear day here in Orlando.  Current temp is 80 degrees.

An SAL GP7 shifted around the yard in Tahope and managed to shuffle an 11 car local freight together.  It was powered by an SAL Q3 Milke that has been recently refurbished with a new WOW decoder.  A power change was indicted in route so an out-of-time-frame black ACL E Unit with an out-of-time-frame orange ACL caboose took over the chores briefly.  Trouble developed negotiating turn-outs and  the E Unit was sidelined until the difficulty can be diagnosed and repaired.  Fortunately, a brace of NC&StL F Units were fueling in the lubratorium and they brought the freight into the yard at Sanlando in short order.  The NC&StL diesels are "on loan" to the A&S due to heavy winter citrus traffic.  Old Man Perkins has been busy harvesting oranges from his extensive grove in anticipation of a cold snap that usually comes in January.

This ticket agent is taking a Saturday off next week.  Will return the week following.

The Judge

The declining passengers situation is going to get even worse now that the "Gators" football schedule is coming to a close for this year.  No more passengers to take to the football games. 

Nah.
Southbound snowbirds will make up for them.
Best time of the year to visit the northeast what with all those left lane hogging 30 MPH drivers safely ensconced in Florida.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

ReadingBob

Love the report on Saturday's activity.  Sorry I missed it.  Even limited activity on the A&S is fun to observe.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

S&S RR

Judge

Great report! The upgrades on the A&S should pay big dividends.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Quote from: Janbouli on December 27, 2018, 06:51:47 PM
The whole scene is coming together beautifully Tom , love the sandbox, and it reminds me that I have to make those rods over the top on mine.

Jan,

Thank you, much appreciate the comment. There is so much potential for detailing this area that it is really filling my pea brain. 8)

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on December 28, 2018, 08:55:20 AM
Quote from: BandOGuy on December 26, 2018, 10:48:05 PM
Quote from: GPdemayo on December 26, 2018, 08:13:26 PM
Looks great Tom..... 8)

Will they hold up to warp speed?

You bet.....It's built to withstand the worst.  ;)

Greg,

Well stated; however, we have yet to know for sure! Know what I mean?

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on December 28, 2018, 08:57:06 AM
By the way Tom.....I like the way you used the underground feeder pipes to cut down on clutter in the scene.  ;D

Greg,

Yepper, me too. I especially like the fact they can't be seen. ??? ???

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: MAP on December 30, 2018, 06:40:05 AM
Judge:  Great report on the A&S's work load on Saturday.  Thanks for the update!
Tom:  thanks for all of the pictures & how-to's on the sanding tower.  As usual beautiful work!

Mark,

Thank you and you are very welcome. I very much enjoy sharing my ideas and builds.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Quote from: ACL1504 on January 03, 2019, 04:14:37 PM
Looks great Tom..... 8)

Greg,

Tom ;D

Yes, I know what you mean.....and you know that I'm available for test runs at a moments notice.  ;D ;D ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on December 30, 2018, 11:31:40 AM

Brucie,

We'll increase the revenue by offering Diet Pepsi and story telling by the JUDGE. :P

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on January 03, 2019, 04:31:00 PM
Quote from: ACL1504 on January 03, 2019, 04:14:37 PM
Looks great Tom..... 8)

Greg,

Tom ;D

Yes, I know what you mean.....and you know that I'm available for test runs at a moments notice.  ;D ;D ;D

Greg,

I'll let you know as soon as we get out rocket fired locomotive.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Jerry on December 30, 2018, 12:17:12 PM
Wow!  Tom you come through again with a beautiful way to fix something.

Jerry

Jerry,

Thank you, seems like I've been lucky in some of my fixes.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com