Snug Harbor

Started by ollevon, May 12, 2014, 09:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ollevon

Thank you John,
   I now have the lighthouse done and in place, so I'm moving right along. Perhaps moving a little to quickly.  I now have to get the lighthouse wired up for the beacon. Also need to landscape.

The rock work needs a  little more highlighting as well. My next project is to scratch build a building for the main dock.
  Sam

ollevon

Good morning all.  Now I'm undecided if I should scratch build a building for the main dock, or build a kit. I can't seem to come up with a design of a structure to scratch build.  So I will ask for help from all the forum members.  I would like to get suggestions from all you great modelers out there of any kit that might fit the location on the main dock. Working in HO scale, the foot print can not  be any larger than 4"x 7"  I welcome all suggestions.
  Thank you
  Sam

ollevon

Sorry, I should have posted a picture of the main dock, but it's on page 2, the the second photo down.
  Thanks
  Sam

postalkarl

Hi Sam:

Looking good so far.  I like the lighthouse.

Karl

Raymo

Quote from: ollevon on July 26, 2014, 07:05:26 AM
Good morning all.  Now I'm undecided if I should scratch build a building for the main dock, or build a kit. I can't seem to come up with a design of a structure to scratch build.  So I will ask for help from all the forum members.  I would like to get suggestions from all you great modelers out there of any kit that might fit the location on the main dock. Working in HO scale, the foot print can not  be any larger than 4"x 7"  I welcome all suggestions.
  Thank you
  Sam
How about Jeff's new kit Workman and Sons. If you need one quick,I can drop off my extra.

ollevon

How you doing Dan? Workman and Sons I like the sound of that, what would the finished footprint be on that? I haven't seen that kit yet.
  Sam

Raymo

Sam, Workman's is based on this building outside the center of Georgetown Mass. the footprint of the model is 5 3/8ths x 2''. The loading docks add about an inch  to width. Let me know if your interested and I'll drop one off tomorrow and you can replace it later. Jeff did a build thread under the "New Structure Kits" sub heading. Dan R.

Raymo

Jeff's finished kit

gnatshop

i'll vote for this one!
The Workmans were'nt persnickety - if it made more money, they'd switch to sellin' marine supplies!!  ;D ;D ;D

Bntrainmaster

Good Morning Sam,
I haven't had much time to look at what has been going on over the past few months but I ran across your build this morning. Reading and looking at the pics, you have done an outstanding job. I especially enjoy waterfront scenes. Keep up the good work and the pics coming. Thanks for sharing......

DACS

To put it simply, this is simply great!  Love waterfront scenes.  You are doing a great job of it!

Dave  HWCRR
Seattle
I am never having another birthday.  The candles for the cake are starting to cost too much!

ollevon

Thank you guys I appreciate all comments, and Dan, thanks for the  info on the Workman and Sons kit, that's a nice looking kit. I think I'm going to use an old I H C plastic kit that I am highly modifying to make a brick building into shake shingles building. still have to shingle the dormer roof, and then it will be ready to place on the diorama. I'll have a picture of it coming up very soon.
  Sam

Raymo

ollevon

Hello guys,  I have my seafood processing plant building for the main dock all done, but for some reason or other, I can't seem to post a picture of it. Did something change about posting picture on this forum?
  I haven't changed the way I post pictures.  what happened.
  Sam

ollevon

Ok guys I think I got it. This is the I H C plastic building that I am going to use as the seafood processing plant that will be on the main dock. This kit was a brick structure that I covered with Campbell shingles, I think it came out fairly well, so I'm going with it.

more photos to com as I move along.
  Sam