Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

Nice placement of the buildings.  Another outstanding job John.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

S&S RR

Quote from: MAP on December 24, 2020, 06:02:33 AM
Great progress John!  The farm scene is really coming along nicely.  Thanks for all of the pics.

Mark

Thank you for following along and the kind words.  I have a lot of fence to put in and then the scenery and details.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Quote from: Jerry on December 24, 2020, 09:21:05 AM
Nice placement of the buildings.  Another outstanding job John.

Jerry

Jerry

Thank you - I can't wait to see what this one will look like finished with all the lights on.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I'm back at the layout build after a few days off to celebrate Christmas with the Grandkids. The plan for the next few weeks is to finish up the G. Wilikers and the Beach Farms builds and then get started on the S&S RR Crew Quarters in Eagles Nest. The SRMW Tucker and Cook is going to be converted into a crew quarters facility.  This will be my annual forum build challenge. I plan to complete the turnout controls and the scenery for the Eagles Nest Yard as my side projects while the glue is drying on the challenge build. So we have a plan, let's see how long it takes me to change it. ;)
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I'm starting to add the scenery materials to the Beach Farms diorama.  Step 1: the moss green fine turf underlayment for the static grass. I also got the first layer of mud in the pig pen.

John Siekirk

Mark Dalrymple

Looking really good, John.

Do you need a well somewhere?  And maybe a wallow for those pigs?

Cheers, Mark.

S&S RR

Quote from: mark dalrymple on December 28, 2020, 01:43:59 PM
Looking really good, John.

Do you need a well somewhere?  And maybe a wallow for those pigs?

Cheers, Mark.

Mark

Thank you, and yes there will be a well and a wallow. It is actually started on the other side of the pig pen. Our friend Bob has been bragging on his pig having a rectangular wallow.  Wait until you see how smart those Beach Farm pigs are.
John Siekirk

postalkarl

Hey John:

I love this diorama. My favorite building is the barn. I just love it.

Karl

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on December 28, 2020, 05:58:00 PM
Hey John:

I love this diorama. My favorite building is the barn. I just love it.

Karl

Karl

Thank you for the encouraging words - I'm just about done with the Silo and will be adding it to the diorama. Adding the banding to the silo took a lot of hours. I will take some pictures tomorrow.
John Siekirk

Jerry

Have to agree with Karl.  The barn is just outstanding!
A beautiful scene.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

ACL1504

John,

The entire scene is fantastic, well done my friend.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Quote from: Jerry on December 29, 2020, 09:08:34 AM
Have to agree with Karl.  The barn is just outstanding!
A beautiful scene.

Jerry

Jerry

Thank you for the kind words.  My problem with this diorama is I keep coming up with things to add.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on December 29, 2020, 02:38:28 PM
John,

The entire scene is fantastic, well done my friend.

Tom  ;D

Tom

Thank you - like I said above this is one of those scenes that swallows lots of details - I'm adding the scenery now and every step seems to lead to another. I think this is the part of modeling that I enjoy the most.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

The horse barn for the Beach Farms diorama is under construction on my workbench, today.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Here is a progress picture of adding the scenery to the Beach Farms diorama. One layer at a time. I add a few features and then walk away for awhile and then come back and decide if it stay or goes. Then repeat the process. In the mean time I'm working on other projects.

John Siekirk