Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Quote from: Jerry on November 13, 2020, 11:49:35 AM
Beautiful is the way I look at it!!

Jerry

Jerry

I agree, I like the look of that old equipment.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

So, I was sorting through some pictures this evening and came across this picture of the Eagles Nest Yard area in 2014, 6 years ago. Some of the benchwork and plasterwork in this picture is from my previous layout.  In some cases I built over it and in others it was removed.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

I picked up my iPhone and took the same picture this evening. No preparation - just a work in progress picture.

I guess we have made some progress in the last six years. I have four more structure builds planned for this area and then the final detail scenery.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I count at least 12 forum build threads in this picture.
John Siekirk

Dennis Bourey

I see somebody's got a nice Broadway Limited 2792 2-8-0 Consolidation.....Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

S&S RR

Quote from: Dennis Bourey on November 13, 2020, 10:05:12 PM
I see somebody's got a nice Broadway Limited 2792 2-8-0 Consolidation.....Dennis

Wow - Dennis you almost got my Grandson in big trouble.  There are a number of locomotives that have not been added to the rooster until we get out of test mode. I found the Broadway boxes you spotted in the picture. :o  At some point in the not too distant future, they will be housed in the Stone and Brick Roundhouses on the layout.
John Siekirk

Dennis Bourey

John, Grandson is gonna love those.They are Beautiful loco's I love mine....Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Keep It Rusty

Wow, that's a great shot of the layout. Very cool - and excellent modeling. Can't wait to see it even more populated with structures.

Mark Dalrymple

Sometimes - when you see pictures like these - you realize you HAVE made progress!  Its easy to get lost in the woods.

Looking very fine, John.

Cheers, Mark.

Janbouli

Wow , that is fully worth the 6 years , great progress John.
I love photo's, don't we all.

jerryrbeach

John,

Words escape me, almost.  I think what strikes me the most, aside from the progress and the beautiful scenery, is the furniture quality finish to the front of the layout. WOW!
Jerry

S&S RR

Quote from: Rusty Robot on November 13, 2020, 10:36:45 PM
Wow, that's a great shot of the layout. Very cool - and excellent modeling. Can't wait to see it even more populated with structures.

Craig

Thank you for following along and the encouraging words. The G. Wilikers I'm working on now is going in this area along with 4 more at the top of my build list.
John Siekirk

PaulS

Quote from: mark dalrymple on November 13, 2020, 11:27:02 PM
Sometimes - when you see pictures like these - you realize you HAVE made progress!  Its easy to get lost in the woods.

Looking very fine, John.

Cheers, Mark.
John, wonderful progress, and Mark said exactly what I was thinking.
I'm guilty of getting lost in the woods and having these types of photos to capture progress is satisfying and motivational at the same time.  Of course you need no more motivation as you continue to inspire with your progress !!
Keep up the wonderful work and modeling.
All the best,
--Paul
Modeling the Atlantic & White Mtn Railway

S&S RR

Quote from: mark dalrymple on November 13, 2020, 11:27:02 PM

Looking very fine, John.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark

Thank you for the kind words. I think you need to look back once in awhile and realize you are getting closer on these life long projects. I'm going through each section of the layout and taking a realistic look at how many kits I really need.  I may be making some available that I don't think I will be able to use.
John Siekirk

Keep It Rusty

Quote from: S&S RR on November 14, 2020, 08:22:25 AM
Quote from: Rusty Robot on November 13, 2020, 10:36:45 PM

Craig

Thank you for following along and the encouraging words. The G. Wilikers I'm working on now is going in this area along with 4 more at the top of my build list.

Keep us updated with your progress on that awesome kit! Can't wait to see where you put it!