Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deemery

Tichy makes nice Ice Blocks when you're ready to detail the kit.  This is a good kit for August  ;D

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

S&S RR

Quote from: deemery on August 08, 2021, 08:07:53 PM
Tichy makes nice Ice Blocks when you're ready to detail the kit.  This is a good kit for August  ;D

dave

Dave

Thank you, I will take a look - yes my furnace/air conditioner is in the room with my workshop and it's going full blast, today.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Jerry

John

This area is coming together so nicely.  Well planned I might add.

Always a pleasure to follow along with you!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Mark Dalrymple

Lots of progress from the king of multitasking!

All looking good, John.  There are a lot of stones in your SRM diorama - but I know you will have a plan.

Cheers, Mark.

S&S RR

Quote from: Jerry on August 08, 2021, 09:15:53 PM
John

This area is coming together so nicely.  Well planned I might add.

Always a pleasure to follow along with you!

Jerry

Thank you for following along.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: Mark Dalrymple on August 09, 2021, 01:25:23 AM
Lots of progress from the king of multitasking!

All looking good, John.  There are a lot of stones in your SRM diorama - but I know you will have a plan.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark

Thank you for stopping by - the plan is to have a lot of white water flowing over the stones. The stones look like they were put there by the railroad (blast rock from the railroad line above) to help hold the dam. The pictures hanging on the wall over my workbench really help as I build these dioramas on the workbench.
John Siekirk

postalkarl

Hey John:

Progress on this is looking just baeutiful.

Karl

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Today, I started the preparation work for the scenery in Eagle Nest Yard. As I've discussed before, I use beach sand to create the land forms.  Since my benchwork has been modified a few times over the years I need to fill the holes before I can add the sand.  Any gapes or holes need to be filled or the sand will end up on the floor underneath the layout before I can get it glued in place. One of the things I use to fill the holes is the plastic cards that I get when I rent hotel rooms.  I first use the cards for glue and paint pallets, and then, instead of throwing them away, I cut them up and fill the holes as you can see in these pictures.

Tomorrow, the glue will be dry and we will be ready to add the sand and then the scenery.
John Siekirk

deemery

Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

S&S RR

Quote from: deemery on August 09, 2021, 07:49:45 PM
That's a lot of hotel nights there :-(

dave

Dave

I have been collecting them since they replaced metal keys.  I spent a lot of nights in hotel room back in my working days.
I have box full that I'm slowly burning through in retirement.
John Siekirk

postalkarl

Hey John:

It's coming along nicely. Keep the pics flowing. I always enjoy your work.

Karl

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on August 10, 2021, 07:46:22 PM
Hey John:

It's coming along nicely. Keep the pics flowing. I always enjoy your work.

Karl

Karl

Thank you for following along, and speaking of more pictures - they are on the way.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Today, I managed to get a few things done, in-between the moving stuff for the new carpet that is being installed in our house.

The Sayles Mill got a roof card painted and installed.  You will notice that I used a lot more roof bracing than Bob used in his instructions. I also installed the roof a little later in the process.  I wanted to get the structure mounted to the baseboard and the wiring for the LED lighting run and tested before gluing the roof card on.  The roof card needed to be painted on the underside in the areas that are visible.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk