The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 4

Started by ACL1504, May 31, 2021, 01:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: PRR Modeler on August 11, 2021, 05:32:09 PM
I can't  believe the second level is finally going in. Looks like great carpentry work (as normal of course).

Curt,

Thank you very much. This section of the third level has been a long time coming. That damn C-19 set me back several months.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I forgot to mention that every 8 feet I double the 1X3 bracing. This gives me a cross brace to secure the plywood decking.

Ready now for the next 8 ft section.

Continued -
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The next photo shows the two strips of LED lighting under the 1X3s of the upper level. These were screwed in place at each cross brace. My cross bracing is set at every 21 inches instead of every 24 inches. This gives me a little more stability from the plywood sagging. This is something I've learned in the previous layouts.

Now, let there be light.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Oh goody, another 8 ft. section to store stuff on!  8) 8)

And, of course it's level as well.

Done for this fine day.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

hey Tom:

can't wait to see what you do with this.

Karl

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on August 12, 2021, 09:23:55 AM
hey Tom:

can't wait to see what you do with this.

Karl

Karl,

Thanks for stopping by. I have several ideas floating around in my pea brain.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

A few months ago, I sold EricQuebec some craftsman freight car kits. In exchange for the money he graciously agreed to build two FOS kits for the A&S RR.

He did a fantastic job on both kits as usual. I told him "Tres magnifique mon ami". 

The first structure is a building flat.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I spent all day cleaning up the train room. I went through my kits and pulled out about 30 that I'll never build or need on the layout. I'll list these for sale on the forum within the next month.

Here is what I'm looking to do in Downtown Tahope. The gray building is the Court House and the other one is Magnuson's Merchant's Row I.

continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Across the street from the court house is Moscone Bail Bonds and The Watcher Apartments. Both are FOS and both expertly built by Reading Bob.

Done for today and time for a Diet Pepsi.

As Bob Parrish says, "See ya".
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Jerry

Very nice Tom.  I like where this is going!!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tct855

ACL 1504,
                Look, I have to be honest here.  I'm not going to kiss your AS layout, I'm just going to be blunt here!

Crap! Crap! Crap! Ridiculous scenes, poor layout lighting, uneven water, poor water scenes, super long trains-heck super short 1 car trains, the most unprofessional looking trees, you must be color blind with your painting skills, I could go on, should I go on, I will go on too another forum to find a better modeler for the AS empire~

None! and I mean None! of the aforementioned comments will ever apply to you sir, I will speak the truth to you on this forum or start speaking Klingon, (humm? well I do speak Klingon) "joHwI', De' law', HIja', joHwI' qanaDmeH mIw." so scratch that comment.

Keep up the always interesting, yet ever awesome inspirational layout my friend! :o
                                                                                                                                                   KP-out... ;)

postalkarl

Hey tom:

What can I say but WOW!!! looks just beautiful. I built both of those kits in the front. Love the billboard sign.

Karl

ACL1504

Quote from: Jerry on August 12, 2021, 06:01:48 PM
Very nice Tom.  I like where this is going!!

Jerry

Jerry,

Thank you, much appreciated. I'm very pleased with how this is turning out.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com