The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 4

Started by ACL1504, May 31, 2021, 01:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

Looking just beautiful buddy. I think I built several of this kits over the years. Have fun.

Karl

Jerry

Tom this is going to be a great scene.  Up to your usual wonderful work.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Bruce Oberleitner

Tom,
This town scene looks pretty cool.  The only thing that seems "Out of place" to me is the location of the flop house.  For some reason, I think it should be next to the "Live Girls" bar in town.  I can't imagine why I think that.....

Also, do you have any plans for a intersection in the town?  Perhaps the citizens can marvel at a working traffic light.  We have some towns like that here in Idaho.

All the Best to you and the family Tom,  Call me anytime.

The Diet Pepsi Kid.
;D ;D 8)

S&S RR

Tom

Your town scene is looking great. Having made my living in the auto industry I enjoyed your discussion with Mark about how your layout timeframe affects how you need to weather the roads.  Motor seal technology really has improved over the years. The same thing has happened with tires and the amount of rubber being left behind on the turns. I suppose traffic volume has made up for that, though.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on August 29, 2021, 07:16:22 AM
Hey Tom:

Looking just beautiful buddy. I think I built several of this kits over the years. Have fun.

Karl

Karl,

Thank you, much appreciated. Yea, these are some of the earlier FOS kits so I think you probably have built them all.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on August 30, 2021, 09:02:49 AM
Tom

Your town scene is looking great. Having made my living in the auto industry I enjoyed your discussion with Mark about how your layout timeframe affects how you need to weather the roads.  Motor seal technology really has improved over the years. The same thing has happened with tires and the amount of rubber being left behind on the turns. I suppose traffic volume has made up for that, though.

John,

Thanks for the compliment. The newer roads and highways in my area look like no cars have every been on the road. This is after a couple of years. The older roads look like some dark gray paint was spilled down the middle.

And, the traffic volume has really made the difference here also.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I've made great progress on the layout but haven't had time to post any updates. Hopefully later this week. I have a lot gong on this week.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

BandOGuy

Quote from: ACL1504 on August 28, 2021, 05:45:02 PM
Quote from: deemery on August 28, 2021, 05:01:14 PM
Quote from: ACL1504 on August 28, 2021, 04:37:56 PM
Quote from: deemery on August 26, 2021, 08:06:01 PM
I'm sure the Revue facility will provide some fodder for the Judge's Saturday Stories!

dave

Dave,

That's probably a good bet.

Tom  ;D

I wonder if some of the (more distinguished) customers will end up appearing at the Judge's Chambers, rather than in open court... 

dave

Dave,

We have a new court house so the Judge's Chambers will be used for unsuspecting tourist and citizens who may or may not have violated the speed laws in Tahope. We can generate revenue on the weekends when the main court house is closed.  :-X

Tom  8)

Muldraugh Hill, just south of Louisville, KY? Outside the gates to Fort Knox. Ask me how I know about night time and weekend speed traps.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

ACL1504

Chip,

I also remember the "traps". I know full well how they work.  8)

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

jrmueller

Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on September 02, 2021, 07:58:47 AM
Hey Tom:

You are quite welcome as always.

Karl

Karl,

Always happy to have you follow on this adventure.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: jrmueller on September 02, 2021, 09:47:50 AM
Tom - I always enjoy your "stuff ".  Jim

Jim,

happy to have you enjoying my stuff. Let me know if I get to stuffy!  :P

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Well, once again I find myself behind on the thread updates.

I can now say all the ballast is finished on the Midlands level excluding the roundhouse area. All the mainline track is now finished. I'm still filling in the scenery as I go.

This view is of the west side of the center isle looking south.

I also started the park area on the east side just north of Downtown Tahope.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I used 2 ply cardboard and cut out the sidewalk and monument area.

I drew in expansion joints and painted on Floquil Concrete.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com