Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

John your usual top of the line work!!  Looking forward to these moving on to the layout!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

S&S RR

Quote from: Jerry on July 19, 2021, 08:19:49 PM
John your usual top of the line work!!  Looking forward to these moving on to the layout!

Jerry

Jerry

Thank you, please stay tuned.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

NKP768

postalkarl

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update: Today, I'm returning to work on the layout after a week in CA with my family. I did a little design work in the mornings beside the pool while I was waiting for everyone to get up, but most of the week was family time. Part of the pool side time was spent reviewing pictures from my prototype field trips to refresh the picture I have in my mind of the scenery I want to create in the Eagles Nest Yard area of the layout. This week I will be getting started on that project. I came back from the trip refreshed and ready to do some modeling.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Today, the LED's were wired for the main structure of the Sayles Mill build. The wires that will be fed through the baseboard will connect to the same junction box as the Beach Farms diorama. In this picture you can see that I use the standard "LiteBite" technique for all my builds.  The first step is to wire the LED's into a circuit using a current limiter.  This is the standard 5 LED's per shelf using a 18 volt power supply.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

All of the wiring will be hid underneath the structure so I tested each connection as I made it.

The main wires for the two shelves of the bookshelf (see Slims "LiteBites" ) will be fed through the baseboard to the circuit box and power supply underneath the layout.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Last step before the Structure is glued in place is to use lots of glue to hold the wires in place and stress free to make sure nothing happens to the connections.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

The last step for me today, was to glue the main structure in place on the baseboard.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Today, the tower started going up on the Sayles Mill build.  I glued the lower section in place on the baseboard and dry fit the second section.

After reviewing these pictures of the tower installation and going back and looking at the pictures of Bob's build it looks like I will be making another run at installing the tower.  The base is at the wrong level. It looks like the baseboard should extend at the top level in front of the structure and then drop down once it is passed the tower.  A project for tomorrow morning. :-[

John Siekirk

S&S RR

I also made some progress on Brownsville Depot.  The roof has been completed for the main section of the building, the trim has been added, and the ornamental braces have been added all the way around the structure.

John Siekirk

postalkarl